“Show a popup to user” is a very complex action and a number of steps are required to get everything working properly.
To begin, make sure you have Popup Maker installed. Then you’ll want to start by creating your popup:
- If you’re not familiar with Popup Maker, refer to very comprehensive Popup Maker documentation to build a popup.
- Once you’ve created your popup, choose a trigger, as you normally would. Typically you’ll want the popup to auto open:
- You’ll probably also want to set a cookie on popup close so that the popup is only displayed to the user once.
Next, create your Automator recipe:
- Create your new Automator recipe and give it a title.
- Add the desired triggers that will show the popup to the user.
- Create new Popup Maker action. Choose Display the Popup for a user.
- Click the Popup box in the action and choose the popup you created above.
- Save the Popup Maker action.
- Switch your trigger(s) and action(s) to live, and the recipe as well.
And that’s it! You now have a recipe that will show a popup to the user on completion.