Show a popup to user works by disabling a regular popup from Popup Maker until all the triggers of the associated recipe are complete. Once the triggers are complete, Uncanny Automator re-enables the popup.
This is an indirect way of implementing the action since instead of only loading the popup when the triggers are complete, the popup is loaded everywhere but is kept disabled until the recipe is complete. Once the recipe is over, the popup is disabled again until the recipe is run again to re-enable it.
To begin, make sure you have Popup Maker installed. Then you’ll want to start by creating your popup.
Step 1 – Creating the Popup
- If you’re not familiar with Popup Maker, refer to very comprehensive Popup Maker documentation and create a popup.
Step 2 – Creating the Automator recipe
- Create your new Automator recipe and give it a title.
- Add the desired triggers that will show the popup to the user.
- Create new Popup Maker action. Choose Show a popup.
- Click the Popup box in the action and choose the popup you created in Step 1.
- Save the Popup Maker action. This will automatically add a new trigger to your popup.
- Switch your trigger(s) and action(s) to live, and the recipe as well.
And that’s it! You now have a recipe that will show a popup to the user on completion.