GoToTraining is a popular online conference platform used by many organizations to deliver web-based training and meetings.
Here’s what you need before we dive into the tutorial:
How to set up a GoToTraining application
Uncanny Automator uses OAuth for all its video conferencing integrations; this approach improves security compared to alternatives. To connect Automator to your GoToTraining account, you must set up an OAuth client. It only takes a few minutes and will help to ensure the security of your account.
1. Visit https://developer.logmeininc.com/ and sign in to your GoToTraining account.
2. Navigate to the OAath Clients tab and click the link to Create a new client.
3. On the Details tab, enter a Client name. This can be anything you want to use.
4. Copy the OAuth URL from the GoToTraining tab in Automator, and paste it into the Redirect URL for OAuth in GoToTraining.
Here’s an example of what the OAuth URL will look like.
5. Click Next to save your changes.
6. In the Scopes tab, check GoToMeeting, GoToWebinar, or GoToTraining and Admin Center, then click Next.
7. In the Credentials tab, copy the Client ID and Client secret values. Paste these into the Consumer Key and Consumer secret fields on your WordPress site under Automator > Settings in the GoToTraining tab. Click Save API details.
8. Switch back to the GoToTraining site where you are creating the client and check the I have stored the client secret checkbox, then click Done. Automator is now connected to your GoToTraining account.
Once your client key and client secret are saved, you’ll see GoToTraining actions show up in your recipes.
Now that your GoToTraining account is connected to Automator, you can add and remove users from specific meetings based on purchase, elearning course activity, event registration or any other triggers you want to use.