With the Uncanny Automator Slack integration, you can send messages to your Slack channels or individual Slack users based on actions users are taking on your WordPress site. Celebrate with your team when users make purchases, get Slack notifications when manual actions are required or let your sales team know when someone is thinking of cancelling their subscription – all without a third-party solution like Zapier or per-transaction-fees.
If you have the free version of Uncanny Automator, you’ll first need to connect your site with a free Uncanny Automator account, which will give you 1,000 free credits to use with Slack. If you have Uncanny Automator Pro, simply activate your Pro license key to get unlimited usage of the Slack integration.
Connect your site to Slack
Once you’ve connected your free account or activated your Pro license key, visit the create or edit recipe page and click the Slack integration in the Actions section.
You should see a modal window appear with a link to connect your Slack account to Uncanny Automator.
Once that’s done, proceed with these steps:
- Click Connect account.
- Enter a “Bot name” and “Bot icon” URL. These are what users will see when your WordPress site sends a message in Slack.
- Click Connect an Account.
- Log into Slack.
- You’ll see a screen asking you to authorize Uncanny Automator to access your account:
- Click Allow.
Add the Uncanny Automator bot to your Slack Channel
Before you can receive updates from Uncanny Automator in your Slack Channels, you’ll need to add the Uncanny Automator bot to the channels that you want to receive updates in. To do this, follow these steps in Slack:
- Go to Apps > Uncanny Automator.
- Click the info icon.
- Click More > Add this app to a channel…
- Select the channel(s) to add the bot to.
Add Slack actions to your recipes
You are now ready to automate actions with Uncanny Automator and Slack! Go ahead and explore the options available for sending messages to your public and private channels and direct messages to users. You can even create channels on the fly.
To add a Slack action to your recipe:
- Go to Uncanny Automator > Add new
- Select your recipe type.
- In the Triggers section, choose the triggers that will cause the Slack action to run.
- In the Actions section, click Add action.
- Click Slack.
- Choose the action you want and configure its options.
That’s it! Sit back and relax as you receive updates for you WordPress site in Slack in real-time.