We’re really excited about both of these integrations. Groundhogg is a growing solution for delivering marketing automation and CRM solutions right inside WordPress; no external tools are required. It offers some very powerful automations with stellar support and customer feedback (55 of the 56 public reviews for the free version are 5 stars!). They’ve also been big supporters of our work on Automator (thanks Adrian!) and we’re really excited to be able to open up more integration possibilities for their users. And they’re based in Toronto too!
Twilio is a well known solution for sending SMS messages. With the new API connection system we introduced for our webinar plugin integrations, it’s easy for us to support more third-party tools like this. Just enter your API info and phone number in the twilio API settings and you’re all set to have your recipes send SMS messages! We think it’s pretty exciting that almost any WordPress behaviour can now trigger text messages to users or any number you want.
Groundhogg integration support
We want to preface this by saying that the really exciting Groundhogg features will be in the next release of the free Automator plugin. It’s only a week away, so you won’t have to wait too long to make the most of the Groundhogg integration!
In today’s Pro 2.5 release, we’re adding these 2 triggers:
- A tag is added to a user
- A tag is removed from a user
Even with that preliminary support there are a ton of interesting recipe combinations now possible. Here are a few ideas to get started:
- When a “New Student” tag is added, enroll the user in an onboarding course, add them to a LearnDash Group and add them to an upcoming Zoom webinar (without going through Zapier!).
- When an “Alumni” tag is removed, revoke a MemberPress membership level and remove the user from a BuddyPress group.
- When an “Advanced User” tag is added, mark the first 3 courses in a series as complete so the user can jump straight to advanced topics.
You can even do things like link tags to gamification, pop-ups, memberships and more. We’re pretty excited, but wait until you see the upcoming Automator 2.6 release!
Uncanny Automator 2.5 adds a single action for twilio, which is exactly what you would expect:
- Send an SMS message to a number
It’s simple, but it means a whole new way to send notifications for your WordPress site. Using this integration requires that you set up API details on both the twilio and Automator side, but once that’s in place you can include SMS notifications in any of your recipes. Messages can be sent to the user associated with the recipe or any number that you want.
Other triggers and actions
The 2.5 release doesn’t stop with the new integrations, we’re also adding 7 other new triggers and actions for existing integrations that open up a ton of opportunities. Here’s the list:
- WordPress Trigger: A post is updated
- WordPress Trigger: A user resets their password
- BuddyPress Action: Remove the user from a group
- wpForo Trigger: A user replies to a topic in a forum
- WooCommerce Trigger: A user purchases a product with a tag
- WooCommerce Trigger: A user purchases a product in a category
- WooCommerce Trigger: A user purchases a variable product with a variation selection
All of these additional triggers and actions were added at the request of current Automator users. We appreciate all of the feature requests that come in; it’s how we decide what to include in new releases.
If you’re a current user of the free plugin, don’t forget to upgrade to get the new integrations, triggers and actions announced here today!