Uncanny Automator 3.4 is out with a new game-changing feature: you can run actions on…
Uncanny Automator 3.3 adds an exciting new integration for WordPress sites: HubSpot. HubSpot is an incredibly powerful CRM (contact management), email marketing and marketing automation platform with over 120,000 customers on over 200,000 WordPress sites. Best of all, you can get started with HubSpot for free.
With HubSpot, it’s easy to do all of the following:
- Manage your entire contact database and segment users based on activity on your WordPress site.
- Send email newsletters and nurture your users with marketing automation campaigns.
- Engage your site users with live chat and chatbots.
- Measure your business growth with easy-to-understand reporting dashboards.
If you haven’t used HubSpot before (and even if you currently use another CRM), we highly recommend giving the free account a try to get a better sense of how it can add value to your WordPress site.
If you are an existing HubSpot user, you may already be using their WordPress plugin and wonder why we’re so excited to be introducing this integration. Their official plugin is fantastic for creating new forms, tracking performance, building newsletters and connecting contacts, but there’s a lot that it doesn’t connect to on the WordPress side, and that’s where Automator comes in. While it does support several form building tools, it doesn’t extend to your membership, LMS, event and other plugins. Our Automator integration bridges that gap.
The free Uncanny Automator 3.3 release adds the following actions for HubSpot:
- Add the user (or “contact”, if there’s no associated WordPress user) to HubSpot
- Add a user or contact to a list
- Remove a HubSpot contact from a list
These new actions mean that you can set up no-code WordPress automations to segment users based on actions they take on your site. HubSpot doesn’t natively support tag functionality, but HubSpot lists can be used in place of tags. For example:
- When a user’s purchase or subscription is refunded, remove them from a HubSpot list.
- When a user attends a series of live events, add them to a list.
- When a user completes a course, add them to a list.
- When a user leaves a social group, remove them from a list.
- When a user is added to a membership level, add the user to Hubspot.
Of course, millions of recipe combinations are possible and the new integration means you can connect HubSpot lists and contacts to any of the 75+ WordPress plugins and apps we support.
As a premium, non-WordPress integration, HubSpot is available to all users of our free and Pro plugins with the Automator credit system. Every Automator user with a free account can use HubSpot a limited number of times to try things out, while Pro users get Unlimited usage. Make sure to check out our Knowledge Base article to set up your account and get started.
Track recipe runs
Our new HubSpot integration steals the show in the 3.3 release, but there are several other important additions that will help Automator users. The recipe edit page gains a new indicator of how many times a recipe has run, with a link to the logs to immediately see historical data for the associated recipe. This makes it much easier to trace records for specific recipes.
Features based on user requests
Uncanny Automator 3.3. adds several enhancements as requested by our customers, including the following:
- Improved performance on recipe edit pages by deferring some API calls where possible.
- Sharing a photo on a Facebook page now supports including text as well as the picture.
- Sending data to a webhook now supports DELETE and HEAD HTTP methods.
- There’s a new “automator_wp_admin_header_menu” so our entry in the WordPress admin bar can be easily disabled.
That’s it for the free version of Uncanny Automator 3.3! Let us know how you’re using the new HubSpot integration in the comments and stay tuned for the upcoming Pro release.