At Uncanny Owl, our team works hard to understand what people are doing with Automator…
Uncanny Automator began in 2018 as a way to personalize self-directed elearning, and today’s 2.3 release takes that learning journey to the next level: support for live training. We’re excited to announce Uncanny Automator support for Zoom Meetings, GoToWebinar, and GoToTraining.
All 3 are popular tools for delivering online training and hosting virtual conferences right now. We wanted to make it even easier to integrate those tools into your WordPress site.
Automating Zoom, GTW and GTT webinars
The most obvious use case for webinar registration support in Automator is probably linking registration to product purchase. A customer buys a product or membership level, they get enrolled in a webinar or series of webinars. A subscription expires, they get removed from webinars.
There are some very interesting training applications as well. A user must complete a course, and only after course completion are they added to a webinar. A user attends a live event, then is automatically enrolled in a series of self-directed courses and webinars. A user joins a group or membership level, they’re added to an introductory live event. The new integration is going to save a lot of training time for organizations with scenarios like this.
Setting up webinar actions
In order to support direct integration with new webinar services, we needed to build a new system for Automator to connect to third-party applications. That’s why you’ll see new tabs on the Settings page for entering details about each service you want to connect to. Here’s what it looks like:
For security and ease of use, connecting to webinar platforms does require setting up a developer application. It is straightforward though, you can do it in 10 minutes, and there are detailed instructions here: https://automatorplugin.com/knowledge-base/. Once that’s complete, just paste the Consumer Key and Consumer Secret values into the appropriate Settings tab.
Once a valid connection is established to a webinar app, it will be added as an integration to the Actions section of your recipes. The Pro 2.3 release includes these new actions for webinars:
- Zoom: Add the user to a meeting
- Zoom: Remove the user from a meeting
- GoToWebinar: Add the user to a webinar
- GoToWebinar: Remove the user from a webinar
- GoToTraining: Add the user to a training session
- GoToTraining: Remove the user from a training session
In all cases, actions must be mapped to existing meetings, so make sure to create the meetings or webinars before you create the recipes. Automator cannot create meetings.
New Tutor LMS support
Last week’s addition of Tutor LMS to the free Automator plugin was exciting, but today’s Pro release adds even more triggers and actions. Here’s what’s included in Pro:
- New trigger: The user is enrolled in a course
- New trigger: The user achieves a percentage greater than, less than or equal to a value on a quiz
- New action: Mark a lesson complete for the user
- New action: Mark a course complete for the user
- New action: Enroll the user in a course
These new capabilities open up a lot of possibilities for Tutor LMS users. Between the two Automator releases, recipes like these are now possible:
- When a student passes a pretest, mark the entire course complete.
- When a student completes one course, enroll the user in the next course in the series, redirect them to the course and send them an email notification about the new course access.
- When a user registers for an event, enroll them in an associated elearning course.
- When a student buys a WooCommerce product on one site, create the user, enroll them in a series of courses and send them access information for a second WordPress site running Tutor LMS.
New BadgeOS integrations
The introduction of BadgeOS added many new recipe possibilities, but today we’re adding a lot more for Pro users. A new “User earns an achievement” trigger is now available, and these three new actions have been added:
- Revoke a rank from the user
- Revoke a number of a certain type of points from the user
- Revoke all of a certain type of points from the user
That’s it for the Automator Pro 2.3 release! We hope you like the new additions.