In the first major Uncanny Automator release of 2024, we're excited to introduce a number…
To follow up on last week’s free release of Uncanny Automator 3.9, today’s Automator Pro release rounds our out PeepSo integration and adds some extremely useful features to other integrations. The update adds new triggers and actions for Gravity Forms, PeepSo, MemberPress, WooCommerce and WordPress, with lots of extra additions for bbPress, Easy Digital Downloads, LearnDash, Paid Memberships Pro and WPForms. Phew!
Let’s get to the details.
The new PeepSo community plugin integration, added in the Automator 3.9 release last week, gets several new triggers and actions. Here’s the full list:
- New trigger: A user gains a new follower
- New trigger: A user publishes an activity post
- New trigger: A user loses a follower
- New action: Change the user’s PeepSo role to new role
- New action: Add a post to the site wide activity stream
There are of course lots of interesting use cases here. When a new blog post is published, add the excerpt to the site-wide activity stream. When a user gains a new follower, award points, and if it’s 10 followers, send them a coupon code.
Gravity Forms gains a very important new action in today’s Pro release: “Create an entry for a form”. While this sounds like a somewhat basic action with limited use cases, when you consider tools like Gravity View and Gravity Flow, this new action opens up significant new opportunities for front end reporting and business process management. You can now automatically generate new data to populate records and initiate workflows for almost anything that happens on your WordPress site.
And the rest
Our WooCommerce integration gains 1 new action: Set a specific order to a specific status. This one is particularly useful where order status might be updated from another system via webhooks, a form submission or some other change that might affect orders.
MemberPress gets new support for Corporate Accounts with this new trigger: A sub account is added to a parent account. Maybe sub account users get a special welcome, access to an onboarding course and are added to a specific mailing list. Or maybe when a user is added to a sub account, they’re added to the LearnDash group linked to the parent account.
WordPress Core gains what might be our longest trigger name ever: A user updates a specific meta key of a specific type of post to a specific value. Whew! This one should help a lot of developers, and originally came about from some customers wanting better notification systems for solutions they built with custom post types and records set up with Advanced Custom Fields and Metabox.
Paid Memberships Pro now supports adding a membership level expiry date when users are added to a membership level as part of a recipe.
And finally, on the token side, here’s everything that’s new:
- bbPress adds new “reply” tokens to incorporate reply data when a user replies to a topic.
- Easy Digital Downloads introduces tokens for payment, discount and order total, plus tokens related to a dollar amount now support different formatting options.
- WPForms (Pro, not Lite) and Gravity Forms add tokens for entry ID, submission date, source URL and User IP for form submissions.
- The LearnDash action for “Remove a user from a group” now supports the option of removing a user from all LearnDash groups; specific groups no longer need to be defined.
That’s it for the Automator Pro 3.9 release. We hope you find the new additions useful!
For the full list of changes, make sure to check out https://automatorplugin.com/knowledge-base/uncanny-automator-pro-changelog/